Museum Tours, Inc.
General Information,Terms and Conditions (Please Read Carefully)
Effective as of July 1, 2023
- GETTING ALONG ABROAD: Participants in our tours and cruises are encouraged to travel with an open mind, active curiosity and consideration for the customs and beliefs of the citizens of the countries in which we travel. Remember that Egypt is a developing country with a Muslim majority population, and as such the environment, accommodations, people, and food may be quite different from what you are used to at home. Enjoy these differences in the spirit of adventure.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: We recommend that you obtain travel insurance. Policies are available to cover loss or damage to your luggage, medical needs, certain accidents, and expenses if you need to cancel your trip. We do not sell insurance, but our customers have reported good experiences with:Amex Travel Insurance
Allianz Travel Insurance
Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection(Disclosure: The principals of Museum Tours own stock in Berkshire Hathaway).
PLEASE NOTE: Most, if not all, insurance providers exclude domestic disturbance, civil unrest and pandemics (such as Covid-19) from their policies. Our cancellation and refund policy will still apply in those situations.
- ITINERARY CHANGES: The right is reserved to substitute air or ground carriers, hotels, cruise boats, guides, tour leaders, and/or study leaders should it be deemed necessary or desirable to do so. Specific activities are subject to availability at the time of the tour and we cannot be held responsible for activities or monuments that are closed or that are otherwise unavailable. In this case, substitute activities will be made available whenever practical. The order of events listed in the itinerary is subject to change without notice.
- RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENT: A $500 per person deposit is required to secure your reservation, with the balance to be paid, by check or credit card, so as to arrive at our offices no later than 60 days prior to departure, unless otherwise specified in writing. Space is limited and reservations will not be accepted after the group is full.
- ADDITIONAL COSTS: While our tours cover almost all normal expenses, the following are not included unless specifically indicated in the trip itinerary: -Transportation from your home to Cairo, Egypt, -Meals not listed in your itinerary, -Insurance of any kind, -Beverages other than bottled water, -Visa fees and custom duties, -Items of a personal nature including laundry, souvenirs, taxis and ubers, excess baggage charges, certain tips, -Extra charges for food ordered a la carte, from room service, or meals eaten separately from the group, -Admissions for events not listed, or listed as optional in the itinerary.
- CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: Cancellation requests received in writing 120 days or more prior to departure will receive a full refund of all monies paid (minus a 3% credit card fee, if a credit card was used to pay).
Cancellations received 75 days through 119 days prior to departure are subject to a $250 cancellation fee per person (plus a 3% credit card fee of the refund if a credit card was used to pay).
Cancellations received 45 days through 74 days prior to departure are subject to a cancellation fee of 25% of all payments made and due.
NO REFUND IS POSSIBLE For cancellations received less than 45 days prior to departure or for those who fail to participate in all, or any part of, the tour for any reason.
Refunds, if due, will be paid within 60 days of the end of the tour.
There will be no refunds for unused meals, rooms, admissions, transportation, or other services.
If there is any claim for a refund, for any reason whatsoever, such claim must be made directly to Museum Tours, Inc., and it must be received in writing within 60 days after the scheduled return date of the tour. If Museum Tours cancels the tour, or your participation in the tour, then the money paid by you to us will be refunded on a pro rata basis within 90 days of the cancellation. This refund is your only recourse.
This cancellation and refund policy excludes airline reservations and tickets which are covered by the rules of the air carriers.